Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Locavore

I spent a lot of time eating last 2014. Surely I gained a lot of weight but I also gained a lot of memories and experiences. I've been aiming to eat the top 10 restaurants in a certain place and first on my list is in Kapitolyo Pasig. I wasn't able to document everything but I have some pictures in my instagram account (@sidenise) Please feel free to add me up :P . Now back to the PIG mode me, last sunday I was able to experience LOCAVORE and it's my 8th out of 10 restaurants.LOCAVORE is named after an actual term that describes a diner who consciously eats food that is grown, raised, or produced locally. Food for locavores should not have traveled too long a distance, and this is why 'farm to table' and 'sustainable' are also intertwined with this word. Consuming local also means supporting local, which is a great aspect of this type of lifestyle.For their food, Locavore is proud that it supports local farmers, while their drinks boast of locally brewed beers like Joe's Brew, San Mig, and Privo Praha; their signature cocktails also infuse local fruits and ingredients like calamansi, Bukidnon pineapple, Batangas dalandan, and labuyo.Currently, Locavore is only open for dinner and drinks, but the grub they are serving -- Filipino comfort food made fun and creative -- is fast becoming favorites in the neighborhood. For pulutan, there's Oyster sisig, fried crusted fresh oysters with a creamy chicken liver sauce. (Source: http://www.locavore.ph/index.php/about)I arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon and lucky enough that I did not have a hard time looking for parking. Upon entering the place a lot of people are already coming in and out of the restaurant. The place is simple and most of the furnitures are made of wood. Some of the food in the menu has a very unique name making me more hungry.

 The best seller " Sizzling Sinigang"
I love how properly they boil the meat making it very soft to eat.

Street Food Platter P200

I also ordered Mac's Boneless chicken and it won my heart! :D I super recommend it. 
If you want to experience Locavore, the address is 10 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City (02) 632 9600
xoxo
Denise

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...